Monday, January 5, 2009

HOW TO WIN AT THE HORSE RACING TRACKS



Dear Readers,
I am happy to report that I won 3 exactas the other day at Santa Anita Track. I am sure you are dying to know how I did this.

First, it was a miserably cold day - worse than Ireland or any other cold place we'd been too. It was cold and clammy, and the air oozed with moisture. Usually we sit outside where you can actually see the race, but I felt I'd get instant-pneumonia if I did that. We had tickets to the Clubhouse so I parked myself in a warm room with a television nearby. It turned out that some serious gamblers were in that room. They would discuss the horses; and one man was getting bets or tips via cell phone, and so he would shout out: "What? Victorina? And who else is good?" etc. etc.

So, dear Readers, I listened to this man and his friends, jutted down the names of the horses that they tossed out. And I had some 3 newspaper predictions of which horses would win. I looked at the horses names and came up with the top 3 mentioned by all these sources. Believe it or not, I bet three exactas and won three exactas. Basically I boxed my 3 top horses. I didn't bet a lot, since I only bet for entertainment - if I cash a few tickets now and then, I'm happy - but I was ahead.

I've tried other methods of divining the winners, such as following my instinct, betting on gray horses, studying the trot of the horses to see which horse really wants to win, waiting for a horse to wink at me, using birthdays or lucky numbers, even trying to decipher the racing forms; but this was the method that has worked best for me. Three exactas is not easy to divine.

That makes for a good day at the track!

No comments: