Friday, April 10, 2009

UPDATE KIKI MY CAT



Here's a quick update on my cat, Kiki. She's not doing very well, although she seems slightly better than she was last week. She continues to scratch and has little appetite. I bought her an Elizabethan collar, which gets in her way, and I've given her Selsun Blue baths - and have also used a Tea Tree oil spray (with Vitamins A and D) in between baths. My research suggested a weekly bath, but I didn't wait a week because she's uncomfortable and the bath helps her. The pet store manager said too many baths will dry out her skin, which could be worse, so I'm watching out for dryness.

I've been giving her 2 egg yolks a day (the eggs are small, recommendation is one egg yolk). I continue to give her Immugen and have added Cod liver oil. She barely eats, so I get a bit of food, mix in the Imuugen and cod liver oil and cajole her into eating. She'll eat a tablespoon or so. She does like the egg yolks. She is drinking a lot of water. She likes to continue doing her usual routine, although I'm not allowing her to go to the rose garden, which she enjoys in the morning. She's allowed in the courtyard for a few hours when it's sunny. Otherswise, she hangs around in my office, den, and bedroom - depending on the time of day. (She has a schedule.)

I ordered an antihistamine from Petmeds,which should be coming in today. Maybe that'll help her. If she doesn't get better, she's going to the vet Monday.

No comments: