Tuesday, April 16, 2013

CEBU CITY - Volunteer to help Clean Cebu's Rivers



Read letter below - This woman wants to volunteer to help clean up Cebu's Rivers - whom can she contact? 
~~~~~

Dear Ms. Brainard,

I am currently working at DTI Cebu Provincial office. Today I intentionally came to office earlier to view the current status of Pasig River in youtube. I supposed to view it yesterday around 5 P.M. but the internet connection was already very slow. So early today I have quenched my thirst in knowing the current status of the Pasig River. I am so amazed at the transformation. And right now I find hope in my desire to also transform our rivers and creeks.

The desire came about when I observed how bad the creeks now in T. Padilla. Early in the morning in going to the office from T. Padilla, I love to walk. But it saddened me a lot to observe how dirty the creeks are. I even saw some people discharging their human waste. Same things are also true in some rivers in other parts of the City.

So I am wondering if you have a sort of organization on "Cleaning the Rivers in Cebu City"? If you have, I wanted to be a part of it.I wanted to volunteer.

By the way, I happened to stumble your article while googling on the rivers of Cebu City.

I look forward to hear from you soon.

~~~~
Someone sent me this info. I don't know the organization, so please check it out first:
 Ang Save Philippine Rivers o SPR . . . di ko lang alam kung sinong lokal na NGO ang tumututok sa Cebu . . . maaaring umugnay sa Movement of Imaginals for Sustainable Societies Through Initiative, Organization and Network (MISSION) Cebu Node www.imaginalmission.net ang may balak kumilos para sa pagbabago at tunay na pag-unlad ng ating mga pamayanan . . .

www.imaginalmission.net
mission is the movement of imaginals for sustainable societies through initiatives, organizing and networking
~~~
More info from someone else:

here is a Cebu City Management Council which STAA had an agreement with way back in 2011 -- maybe it still exists with different names in it. Pity I don't have a contact name -- but here's the page from our Chronicler.http://www.flickr.com/photos/89033380@N00/8656001071/
www.flickr.com
Page for Chronicler
~~~~
tags: Cebu City, Cebu, Rivers, Clean up, Creeks, Environment

No comments: