Friday, January 17, 2014

Manicure and Pedicure at Vietnamese American Nail Salons

I love getting a manicure and pedicure. There was a time when mani-pedis were expensive, but the Vietnamese Americans got into the nail salon business and made these affordable. In the Los Angeles area, a  Deluxe Manicure and Pedicure is only $38, excluding tips. The deluxe includes a lovely massage!


According to Wikipedia, manicures began 5,000 years ago, which sounds fantastic, but I suppose for as long as man was around, manicures were done. 


I used to think it was vain thing to get done, but in fact there are many non-vain looking folks who get their nails done, out of necessity I imagine.  There are also a number of men (not old) who get their nails cleaned and nipped but do not have the nail polish applied.

I find it very relaxing and have enjoyed getting this done since I was in high school. It feels great to be pampered and to take care of yourself.

Try it sometime!

tags: nails, salon, manicure, pedicure, beauty, nail care

This is all for now.
Cecilia

No comments: