Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tent City for Haiyan or Yolanda Survivors in Cebu, Philippines



After super typhoon devastated Central Philippines, Cebu City provided shelter to some refugees from Tacloban, Leyte. They were housed in gymnasiums, and on December 21 a Tent City was opened to provide temporary shelter to the Haiyan survivors.



A friend and I drove by tonight and I took a few pictures. Some refugees stared at me and I thought perhaps they were annoyed that I photographed of them. I waved at them, and they waved back. Such gentle people!

Around 45 families or 200 people live in Tent City, which is located along the SRP (South Road Properties) near the sea.

The refugees in Cebu's gymnasiums are no longer there. The local government has informed the survivors in Tent City that they are allowed only another month there.




Read also
Clock ticking for Yoly Survivors
Spending Christmas in Tent City
Tent City Opens

tags: super typhoon, supertyphoon, Haiyan, Yolanda, Philippines, Cebu, Northern Cebu, Central Philippines, Bogo, Daanbantayan, storm, update
This is all for now,

No comments: