Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Brass Deco Frame and My Ancestral Wall


On top of the piano in the house where I grew up in was a framed picture of my mother as a young beauty queen. The frame was an elaborate brass standing one.  I happened to find one similar to that frame in an antique shop, and I bought it. The one I now have is bigger but I was able to make a copy of my mother's picture and I've framed it. It's very charming.



I'm also sharing pictures of what I call my "Ancestral Wall," with photos of relatives, and there's one of me and Lauren. I love this wall; it's a good way to talk about these relatives  to the younger ones so they know where they came from.


How does that saying go?

"It is important to know where you came from, in order to know where you are going."




Read also
Mother's Day Coming up 
Death of a Carnival Queen
Where the Daydreaming Came From
Post-War Cebu Life - More Memorabilia photos
Where Have All the Young Men Gone?

Tags: Cebu, Philippines, pictures, antique, Cecilia Brainard, Cebuano, Manguerra, Cuenco

This is all for now,
Cecilia

No comments: