Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Cebu, Philippines: Dinner with the Franco Sisters




l-r: Diana Franco Ledesma, Helen Franco Misa, Tita Franco Huete, Cecilia Manguerra Brainard, Lucy Franco Garcia

Whenever I'm in Cebu, I almost always see the Franco Sisters. Our connections go way back. Not only did our forefathers know one another when they lived in the Parian in olden days, but my father had been their father's teacher in engineering school. Tita Franco was my classmate from kindergarten on, at St. Theresa's College, Cebu. When we were young ladies, the Franco sisters, my sister, my cousin, and I were tight friends.


I was particularly delighted to see Tita Franco Huete because she lives in Madrid and just happened to be visiting Cebu. We had not seen each other in years.
We had a lovely dinner and lengthy chat at the Laguna Garden in Ayala. It is a joy to see friends like the Franco sisters (Jean was out of town). To me they are a part of my past; they are a link to my connection with Cebu. 






I'm including pictures taken when we were young.  I leave it up to you, dear Readers, to identify us in the old pictures.




Read also
School Life in the Philippines in the '60s - Description & Memorabilia photos
Post-War Cebu Life - More Memorabilia photos
Where Have all the Young Men Gone? - Memorabilia photos
Old Photographs and Memories  
The Schools I attended, Part 1, St.Theresa's College
The Schools I attended, Part 2, UP & Maryknoll
The Schools I attended, Part 3, UCLA

This is all for now,



No comments: