Saturday, May 7, 2016

First Communion Memories #Catholic




We attended the First Communion of Robert and Jeffrey and the sight of the well-behaved boys and girls dressed to the hilt in the magnificent Catholic church brought back memories of my own childhood with nuns and churches and rituals. I was reminded of the discipline that Catholic schools are good at wielding, although I mean this kindly because discipline was what I needed when I was young -- that and the structure that the nuns and lay teachers imposed on my young life.  

Here are some family pictures.

Even though we've had spotty rain in Southern California, we had good weather for the First Communion and luncheon afterwards. 

A lovely and blessed day!

Happy Mother's Day, dear Readers.  Be sure and greet your Mothers tomorrow!











Read also



No comments: