Sunday, August 21, 2016

Piano Recital - A Memory


 A Sunday afternoon piano recital of Robert and Jeffrey, students of Steven Fuller, reminded me of my own piano recital years ago when I was around seven years old.

My rendition included Skating on the Lake and Volga Boat Song -- and why I remember this, I'll never know.

My sister and I had piano lessons from a man who could play music with his toes. One day I walked into his studio and caught him reclining on a sofa with his toes running on the piano keys.

I was not very good at piano and eventually dropped out.

At their recital Robert and Jeffrey played music by Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Stevie Wonder, Woody Guthrie, William Hanna, John Williams, and Richard Rodgers. They are much better than I had been. They will continue studying piano with Steven Fuller, a man who seems to love music and teaching.

The parrot in the last picture was part of the piano recital afternoon. Very cultured, he spoke to us in Spanish and English -- Hola, Hi -- and eyed us very carefully.  I showed him his picture on my Smartphone, and he turned away.






































Read also

No comments: