Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Cebu Philippines: Old Picture Archbishop Jose Cuenco Carlock Monument

Archbishop Jose Maria Cuenco in the middle

Dear Readers,
I've been busy and have not been able to blog as often. Do visit my Facebook page because I've been posting update there about political developments in the Philippines and in the US.



I'm posting this old picture that I received recently. John Allert emailed:

Hi Cecilia,

Going through the family history and found this photo of the Carlock Monument with Jose Cuenco in the middle.

Hope all is well!

Sincerely,

John Allert

~~
John Allert is a descendant of Judge Lyman Carlock who was appointed one of the first Civil Judges in the Philippines by Pres. McKinley in 1901. Carlock was assigned in the court of Cebu City, and my great-grandfather, Mariano Albao Cuenco was his Court of Clerk and was close to him and his family.  
Mariano Albao had three sons, one of them was Jose Maria Cuenco who became Archbishop of Jaro, Iloilo. He is the man in the middle of the picture. 

John Allert has been going through the Carlock historic papers and has been sharing information to me about my relatives.  Many thanks, John Allert!

Read also

Tags:' Philippines, Philippine, Cebu, Cuenco, Lyman Carlock, Carlock Monument, Hamabar, antique, photograph

This is all for now,

No comments: