Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Remembering 9/11

The terrorist attacks that took place in the United States on September 11, 2001 were the most horrific events I had ever seen. I felt as if I were in a dream that Tuesday. Our contractor called to say he could not be in that morning, and he told my husband to switch on the news. I was at my desk and I checked the internet; then my husband and I sat and watched TV, stunned at the images of destruction. I felt as if I were in a dream. I felt as if I were watching a movie – the airplanes smashing into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center, the fire, the smoke, people jumping off the building, the buildings crumbling. The news about the attack on the Pentagon and the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania came next. One horror after the other followed. I felt as I if I were witnessing Armageddon.

No comments: