Tuesday, October 7, 2008

NEW DOLLAR BILL

Dear Readers,
You can guess that I've been consumed with political matters here in the U.S. It is difficult not to be involved especially when the economy is so bad. This is as bad as I've ever experienced it - worse than the 1980s slump, and any other slump in my lifetime. We, like everyone else, have lost some money in our investments. Everyday, the tension increases. People are not buying; people are hunkering down. I find myself doing the same. Instead of having lunch outside, I'll make a quick sandwich. The postal workers at the post office I go to say it's been very quiet - i.e. they haven't had a lot of customers, which means there haven't been a lot of business. Very scary.

Clearly change is needed, and not the kind of change offered by McCain and Palin, who mouth "change" and "maverick" but have the very same Bush-people running their campaign; there will be no change; simply a new titular head, a front guy for the likes of Karl Rove, Schmidt, etc. And Palin - God help this country if she were president.

The honesty and integrity of the likes of McCain and Palin are questionable: look up Keating 5 in connection with McCain and look up Troopergate and the bridge to nowhere and earmarking in Alaska with Palin. No, no, no, these two are not the kind of people who can lead the United States out of the mess it's in.

I could go on and on, and my guess is that my regular readers think the same way I do, so I'm preaching to the choir - but here, take a look at the new dollar bill to reflect the current US economy:

No comments: