Wednesday, July 27, 2011

PICTURES OF CEBU, MANILA, SAIGON - JULY 2011 (II)

Here are more pictures taken last month:












___
L-R:
Cecilia in Powerbooks during the Creative Writing Workshop; 55 people attended despite the bad rainstorm;
Dinner with Maribel Paraz, Lyn Enriquez, Marily Orosa, Cecilia;
Taken at Steve Aznar's party in his Cebu pad, Steve's in red, Joy Uy's in green, there's Gavin in blue, and Richard Stolzman to the far right.
Steve's party lasted until 2 a.m. and in the tailend we ended up in his airconditioned room, that's Joy Uy, Jing Ramos, Steve Aznar, and me standing;
I signed the contract for the University of San Carlos Press to publish my collection Out of Cebu, so that's me, Father Miranda and Jobers Bersales;
Cynthia Posa and I had drinks at the Saigon Saigon Bar at the historic Caravelle Hotel in Saigon AFTER the awful taxi kidnapping incident - read my other blog entry about this;
Cythia took this art shot of me in Saigon;
Cynthia Posa and I eating at the Night Market near Ben Thant Market;
Whoa - In Saigon, I ran into a couple who had seen me talk in Skokie Illinois so there we are in the Saigon airport, Jun and Judy Tomas, and me;
Back in Cebu, dinner with Helen Mias, Terry Manguerra, and Chinggay Utzurrum;
Dinner with Terry Manguerra, Chinggay Utzurrum, Chona Bernad and me.

No comments: