Monday, October 14, 2013

Sadly, Santo Nino Basilica lost its Belfry in the 7.1 Philippine Earthquake

Here are pictures of the Santo Nino Basilica in Cebu with its belfry intact. I took these pictures last July 2013.  I'm also posting a recent picture of the damaged Santo Nino Basilica.

While I realize the recent Philippine earthquake has caused more serious catastrophes (people have died, and other churches in Bohol have collapsed and cannot be saved), I have a special attachment to the Santo Nino.  It was here where my mother danced her prayer when I was newly born and dying from beri-beri.  My mother credits the miraculous Child Jesus of the Santo Nino Basilica for my healing.




Read also:
FEMA Information - Re Bohol Philippines Earthquake 
Remembering Destructive Philippine Earthquakes - 1968 & 2012
Bohol, Cebu, Visayas, Philippines hit by 7.2 Earthquake
Walking tour of old Cebu
Pictures of Historic Cebu - 1
Pictures of Historic Cebu - Santo Nino Basilica - 2
The Jesuits in Cebu

Very sad,
Cecilia

No comments: