Friday, January 23, 2015

In Cebu City, Philippines this January #CebuPhilippines



I'm in Cebu City, Philippines, right now, folks.

Months ago, I checked Expedia and found a relatively inexpensive plane fare to Cebu.  It was, however, a 20+ hour travel flight.  The usual length is around 14-16 hours; and I figured, why not? It was going to save me some $500 dollars.



So .... I traveled for over 20 hours, lost January 22 completely because of time change, and was wiped out the whole next day.  Now, I 'm up at 4 a.m. The sun isn't even up, but my mind is whirring away.

Pope Francis was just in Tacloban and Manila; the Sinulog Festival was just celebrated days ago. Pope-Mania hangs in the air. My cabbie talked of how beautiful it was that there was a storm in Tacloban when the Pope was there, to give him a taste of what Super-typhoon Haiyan or Yolanda had been.

It's 75 degrees in Cebu City, with 50% chance of Precipiation and 87% Humidity.  Right now, it feels cooler than that because of a nice breeze.

As my husband says, this year will be "awesome" so I will look for what is awesome during this trip.

Stay tuned for Philippine updates!

Read also
Old Jesuit House of 1730
Review of Out of Cebu

This is all for now,
Cecilia





No comments: