Sunday, July 5, 2015

Philippines: In Manila with Tropical Storm Egay!





I’m in Manila and it’s been raining because of tropical storm, Egay. I’ve forgotten how hard it can rain, and how relentless the rain can fall. What amazes me is how people can go about their business despite the rain.  In Makati this afternoon, people went shopping as they probably do every Sunday afternoon. When the rain fell harder, they stayed indoors, waiting I presume for the rain to let up.

Actually the rain feels good. It seems to have cleaned Manila’s air that’s pretty polluted. The last time I was in Manila I had asthma, and I am certain it was because of the bad air. Many people in Manila have respiratory problems because of the pollution.

Stay tuned, dear Readers.

Read also

Egay Triggers Floods in Northern Luzon

Egay Unleashes Floods Submerges La Union Towns

Tags: Manila, Philippines, Egay, tropical storm, typhoon, weather, rain

This is all for now,
Cecilia

No comments: