Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Weekend Retreat at the Plantation Bay Resort and Spa


This weekend I'm enjoying what the 5-star Plantation Bay Resort and Spa in Mactan has to offer: sun, sea, fresh air, fine hotel accomodations and food, excellent spa treatments, and the company of my cousin Manny Gonzalez and his friends. 





Manny invited me to spend the weekend in Plantation Bay and I've turned my time here into a personal retreat. I'm doing some writing and pampering myself.

Saturday was spent working on my novel-in-progress. I later had a wonderful lunch of prawn tempura at Fiji Restaurant, one of several restaurants in the sprawling Plantation Bay complex. 


In the afternoon, I took a walk to check out the place and tourists. Later, after resting, I indulged in a 1 1/2 hour hot stone massage --- ah, the best I've ever had. The spa facilities are the best I've seen with impeccably clean and ambiant rooms surrounding a lagoon.  There are various hot and cold pools tucked away in in the area, giving one a sense of seclusion. The atmosphere is restful and meditative.

The following pictures are views from my room.






In the evening I had Italian dinner with Manny and his friends.at the newly renovated Palermo Restaurant.  

Dinner conversation included talk of ghosts, which is always a fun topic! 

(Telling stories is very Filipino and this is something we used to do even as children. A refreshing change from TV and Smartphones!)

This is all for now. Stay tuned, dear Readers.








Read also




No comments: